Sunday, November 4, 2012

Christmas Prep


This blog post will be a little different as I want to share with you ahead of time what our focus will be for the month of December.  I share this with you ahead of time, as it will require some prep on your part.  (Oh and a quick note to all you unsuspecting readers, this post is all about Jesus.)
Once upon a time, I was pregnant with my first baby when I stopped by a friend’s house on a visit back home.  She showed me a fancy box her sister had sent her and inside were twenty four flat cards, each with two verses on it: one verse was a prophecy about Jesus and the other verse was where the prophecy was fulfilled.  Ever since then, I’ve been waiting for the day when I could compile just such a box for my kids!
This is the year I have decided to start this “Prophecies about Jesus” tradition.  While my sons are still very young and will not grasp the entirety of this tradition, I want to begin it now so that there is not a time that they remember where we didn’t talk about Jesus in regards to Christmas. 
Feel free to take my ideas in this post and adjust and recreate them to work for you. 
For my family, I purchased a fancy box that looks like a book (see photo).  I then compiled the twenty-four prophecy/fulfillment verses that I most wanted my boys to know about.  From that list, I created twenty-five 3 ½ x 5 ½ cards (see photo) by printing these verses on colored cardstock and cutting them down to the right size to fit in my box. 
My plan is to use these each day in December leading up to Christmas.  I must share that I also plan on purchasing chocolate advent calendars for my boys, too.  Often, Christians find themselves creating “mutually exclusive” realities for their kids where there is no need to be mutually exclusive.  For example, just because we will be doing a “Prophecies about Jesus” advent project does not mean that my boys cannot also have chocolate advent calendars, too.  Verse and chocolate are not mutually exclusive.
While I did create a Word document of my cards, I am still learning how to turn my document into a link so that you all can have access to that.  If anyone knows of a simple way to do this, please do let me know.  Until then, I would be more than happy to email you my Word document with the preformatted cards!  You can email me katie.may.tramonte@gmail.com
Click here to see the website where I found a list of 44 prophecies and their fulfillment regarding Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment